Web designer and author Paul Jarvis shares a great list of personal choices that have allowed him to complete his work more efficiently and effectively. A few highlights:
- Unsubscribe from newsletters that don’t compel you to read them immediately.
- Use one program at a time.
- No notifications while working.
- Take a break when you’re frustrated.
- Follow fewer people on social media.
- Work at your peak time.
Simple tweaks to the way you do things can make a huge difference in how you experience your work. More importantly, though, is knowing what activities to not optimize. Jarvis’ favorite non-optimizable activities are spending time with loved ones, laughing until his stomach hurts, and walking in the woods.
For even more great ideas and suggestions, check out the in-text comments from readers over at the article.