99U Pop-Up School
September 18-20th, 2013
82 Mercer St, 2nd Fl
New York, NY
The first ever 99U Pop-Up School will take place 82MERCER (82 Mercer St, New York, NY), a gorgeous loft space in the heart of SoHo, New York City. You can view photos of the space here.
Doors will open at 82Mercer at 11:30am each day and the program will run until 6:30pm.
Each day will offer a mix of keynotes and masterclasses in the Lecture Hall, and a variety of skill-building booths, interactive sessions, and demos on the Playground.
We've curated a handful of leading creatives & researchers to share actionable advice each day. The lineups are:
Wednesday, 9/18 - Career Development
- Scott Belsky, Co-Founder & Head of Behance, VP of Community at Adobe
- Heidi Grant Halvorson, Associate Director, Columbia University Motivation Science Center
- James Victore, Designer & Educator
- Ben Barry, Designer & Co-Founder, Facebook Analog Research Lab
- Simon Sinek, Author & Leadership Expert, Start With Why
Thursday, 9/19 - Entrepreneurship
- Neil Blumenthal, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Warby Parker
- Kathryn Minshew, CEO & Founder, The Muse
- Patrick Buckley, Co-Founder, DODOcase
- Craig Dalton, Co-Founder, DODOcase
- Alexis Ohanian, Co-Founder, Reddit
Friday, 9/20 - Brand and Digital Strategy
- Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO, VaynerMedia.
- Jonathan Perelman, VP of Agency Strategy, Buzzfeed
- Allison Johnson, Founder of West & Former VP of Global Marketing at Apple
- Aaron Dignan, CEO, Undercurrent
ON THE PLAYGROUND
During each day, you'll also have exclusive access to the Playground, which will offer a variety of skill-building booths, interactive sessions, demos, and much more. The program will include:
- 99U mentor sessions on time management, risk-taking, and business planning
- Behance portfolio review and feedback sessions
- Myers-Briggs personality testing and career counseling
- Adobe "Ask a Creative Pro" tips sessions & demos
- Tattly tattoo booth and cut-and-paste lounge
- Start-Up Lounge for entrepreneurial advice
- Co-working space
- Pop-Up bookstore
- Unlimited coffee
REFUND & SUBSTITUTION POLICY
All tickets are non-refundable. However, if you find you cannot make the event, you can transfer your ticket to another person free of charge through September 10th, 2013. After that date, no exchanges or exceptions will be made.
We are actively recruiting volunteers for the Pop-Up School. If you would like to help us make this incredible event happen, apply to be a volunteer here.