Don't put your ideas on a pedestal,
put them into action.
Society teaches us to think of ideas as precious objects. We coddle them, we protect them, we revere them. Yet, as any true creator knows, ideas are just the beginning. Whether you dream of inventing a revolutionary gadget or writing the next great novel, the process is the same. You start with the idea, and then you get to work — sketching, refining, building, rebuilding, editing, polishing — until you get it right.
A taste of the insights and experiences shared at the 2011 99U Conference:
- VIDEO: An insider's perspective on the "making ideas happen" experience.
- PHOTOS: An awesome photo mashup of the conference, with a smooth Miles Davis soundtrack to boot.
- INSIGHTS: A look at key takeaways, ranging from pushing outside your comfort zone to managing your energy to dealing with failure.
- THE ATLANTIC: Reporter Chris Dannen did a nice piece on our master class with Diego Rodriguez from IDEO in The Atlantic.
- FAST COMPANY: Check out some of our favorite quotes and insights from the conference in this Fast Company article.